Registration is now open for the Third Annual International Colloquium, sponsored by ACPA’s Commission for the Global Dimensions of Student Development.
Colloquium will be held on Monday 4 March 2013 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in Bally’s Las Vegas – in the Las Vegas 5 meeting room.
Each year, Colloquium brings together faculty, students, administrators, and policymakers for robust dialogue on issues related to international education and student development.
This year’s event — led by Dr. Tricia Seifert (OISE, University of Toronto) — features panel discussions led by invited international scholars focusing on two issues of critical importance:
- Supporting Native American/Aboriginal/Indigenous/First Nations students in attaining educational and personal goals
- Supporting students from diverse faith traditions to learn and develop holistically while at university
Invited speakers include (in alphabetical order):
- Katie Bringman Baxter, Interfaith Youth Core [USA]
- Michelle Chino, University of Nevada, Las Vegas [USA]
- Annie Grant, University of East Anglia [UK]
- Leilani Kupo, University of California, Davis [USA]
- Lori Peek, Colorado State University [USA]
- Michelle Pidgeon, Simon Fraser University [Canada]
- Dennis Roberts, Qatar Foundation [Qatar]
- Sarah Tiakiwai, Waikato — Tainui College [New Zealand]
Participation in Colloquium is free and open to all ACPA delegates, although space is limited. You must register to participate.
The deadline to register is 22 February 2013.
INFORMATION: email Robert Coffey, Chair, ACPA Commission for the Global Dimensions of Student Development.
REGISTRATION: Registration is online. You must register to participate. Please visit http://tinyurl.com/GDSDColloquium